A twist on the classic almond coconut macaroons- dipped in and drizzled with chocolate and coated with almonds these coconut flake packed macaroons will soon become one of your favorite easy dessert go-to's.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together egg whites, almond extract, sweetened condensed milk, and salt.
3. Gradually add flour to mixture and stir to combine.
4. Fold in unsweetened coconut flakes.
5. Scoop slightly larger than tablespoon sized dollops of mixture on to greased baking sheet. If the sweetened condensed milk runs from the dollops on the baking sheet feel free to roll the dollops in additional flour to help keep their shape.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool.
7. Once macaroons have cooled, melt chocolate chips on the stovetop or in the microwave. Dip the bottom of each macaroon in the melted chocolate and then coat with diced almonds. Then drizzle chocolate and diced almonds on top of macaroons as well.
8. Place macaroons on a plate with aluminum foil and refrigerate until chocolate has hardened. Store in refrigerator and enjoy!