This blueberry mocktail is refreshing, fruity with a homemade blueberry and thyme simple syrup, and topped with the perfect amount of fizz!
Blueberry and Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large tbsp thyme, removed from stem
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- sugar, for rimming glass
- lemon wedge, for rimming glass
- 6 ounces blueberry simple syrup
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 1 ounce maple syrup
- 4-8 ounces seltzer, plain
- blueberries, for garnish
- thyme, fresh, for garnish
- Start by making the simple syrup. Add the water, sugar, and thyme to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved, 2-3 minutes. Add the blueberries and continue to simmer until they have broken down and the sauce begins to thicken, about 10-15 minutes. Let cool slightly then strain into a jar, pushing down on the blueberries to release as much of the simple syrup as possible.
- Add sugar to coat the bottom of a small plate, then use a lemon wedge to wet the rim of 2 glasses. Press the rims of the glasses into the sugar to coat.
- Add 3 ounces blueberry simple syrup to the bottom of each glass, then fill each glass about 2/3 of the way with crushed ice. Add 1 ounce lemon juice and 1/2 ounce maple syrup to each glass. Top each off with seltzer, then garnish with blueberries and thyme.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021