This breakfast flatbread with two types of cheese, a few eggs, and pre-cooked sliced sausage is the easiest and most fun fall flatbread for when you're in the mood for an at-home brunch or game day app!
- 1 pound pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup fontina, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
- 3-5 eggs depending on size of flatbread
- 5-6 ounces sausage, pre-cooked, sliced
- calabrian chili paste
- chives, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and grease a large baking sheet.
- Use hands to stretch pizza dough into a thin oval shape. Place on floured work surface and use a rolling pin to roll dough into a thin oval/rectangle that still fits on baking sheet. Lay the dough on the greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle dough with olive oil and salt and pepper, then sprinkle with fontina and cheddar. Partially bake for 5-6 minutes until cheese begins to melt and crust just begins to become golden.
- Remove from oven and crack eggs directly on to flatbread. Top with sliced sausages (which also help to keep the eggs in place if they are sliding).
- Return flatbread to oven and bake for 5-6 minutes until eggs are cooked to your liking and sausage begins to brown.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with calabrian chili paste, top with chives, and enjoy!
Prep Time: 13 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021