Just like a nice, warm pecan pie, but make it bite sized with these tasty pecan pie cookies!
Servings: 48 cookies
1. Beat butter, sugars, cinnamon, vanilla extract in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl.
3. Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating in between.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat to combine. Mix in chopped pecans.
5. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
6. While dough is chilling, begin making the caramel. Add granulated sugar to a heavy-bottomed pot on the stove and set over medium-high heat. Stir periodically.
7. Once all of the sugar has melted, turn off the heat and add the butter, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until melted. Add the heavy cream and salt and stir to combine.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
9. Once dough is done chilling, scoop the dough into tablespoon sized rounds. Roll each round in the palm of your hand to form into a ball. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
11. Let cool partially. While cookies are still soft, gently press in around 2 pecans on the top of each cookie.
12. Let cool completely and then drizzle caramel and melted chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!
Save any extra or remaining caramel to dip your cookies in or to drizzle on a cookie sundae!