These brownies with cream cheese frosting are super fudgy, extra moist, and made extra special with the addition of the easy and perfectly sweet frosting!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, then spray with cooking spray.
- Add flour, sugars, cocoa powder, and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl, whisking to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, add eggs and egg yolk, whisking for 1-2 minutes until frothy. Add cooled melted butter, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and whisk to combine. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredient mixture, stirring to combine with a wooden spoon. Mix in chocolate chips. If the batter seems very thick, add in 1 tablespoon of warm water and mix until glossy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth the top with a spatula, and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick just comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour in the pan.
- While the brownies are cooling, make the cream cheese frosting. Add the butter and cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or to a large bowl if using a hand mixer. Beat on high for 1-2 minutes, scrape down sides and bottom of bowl, then continue beating for 1-2 additional minutes or until no lumps remain. Add in the powdered sugar, milk (I recommend starting with 1 tablespoon and adding more if needed), and vanilla, mix on low speed until combined, then increase speed to high and beat for 2-3 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Once brownies are cooled, remove them from the pan, spread frosting over the top, then sprinkle with chocolate shavings if desired. Use a sharp knife to cut the brownies into either 9 or 16 squares, and enjoy!
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours