Tis the season for some extra sweets and one of our family favorites is this caramel popcorn. Simple and sweet, pile up a bowl for your holiday table!
- 12-15 cups air popped popcorn
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Bring brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Mix until light in color.
- Combine popcorn and caramel syrup in a large buttered bowl. Mix well ensuring that popcorn is evenly coated.
- In a large buttered roasting pan, spread popcorn mixture.
- Bake at 300 degrees for approximately 1 hour, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store in air tight container.
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021