Carne Asada Quesadilla
An easy, summery carne asada quesadilla filled with marinated steak and all the best cheeses!
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup cilantro, divided, plus additional for topping
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of half an orange
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 chipotle in adobo with sauce, finely chopped plus 2 tsp sauce, divided
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar, divided
- 2 ounces cotija, divided, plus additional for topping
- lime zest
- radishes and pico de gallo, optional, for topping
- In a medium bowl, add steak, 1/8 cup cilantro, olive oil, soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, chopped chipotle in adobo, cumin, salt and pepper, cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat a grill over medium high heat. Remove steak from marinade and grill until charred on both sides and slightly less done than preferred. Remove from heat and cut into small cubes.
- Heat a greased medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tortilla to pan and top with 1/2 cup cheddar, half of the cubed steak, 1 ounce cotija, then an additional 1/4 cup cheddar. Sprinkle with lime zest, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce, if desired. Fold in half, cook until the first side is golden, then flip and continue cooking until the cheese is melted. Repeat with other tortilla.
- Top with radishes, pico de gallo, and additional cotija, cilantro, and lime zest or juice!
Prep Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 25 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021