Cheesy White Bean Tomato Bake
This cheesy white bean tomato bake has a garlicky bite-sized tomato confit, white beans and herbs, and a golden mozzarella and parmesan top.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 pound Cloud 9® Bite-Sized Fruity Tomatoes, plus additional for topping
- 1 tbsp thyme, fresh, plus additional for topping
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp basil, fresh, ribboned, plus additional for topping
- 29 ounce can white beans
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan, shredded
- bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until softened, then reduce heat and add garlic and crushed red pepper, sauteing until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and thyme, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5-10 minutes over medium heat. Reduce heat and continue cooking for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the basil and white beans.
- Top with cheeses, then bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Top with additional thyme, basil, and halved tomatoes. Serve with bread if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021