The classic swirl of cinnamon goodness with a hint of espresso mixed in for the perfect cinnamon rolls.
1. Combine the sugars, yeast, salt, and half of the flour.
2. Microwave butter and water until butter is almost melted completely. Let cool for a minute until water is warm, not hot. Add to dry ingredients.
3. Add egg to mixture and combine.
4. Gradually add remaining flour until the dough is no longer sticky and you are able to mold it into a ball with your hands.
1. Dissolve espresso in hot water until no large specks are visible. Combine with melted butter and then add granulated sugar.
2. Place dough on floured surface and spread it into a rectangle, using a rolling pin if needed.
3. Brush butter mixture on to dough, leaving a small space around the edge of the rectangle. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Tightly roll rectangle (away from you) into a log shape and squeeze the ends so that the filling will not leak out and the log will keep its shape.
5. Cut the log using a knife or pizza cutter into 12 equally sized rolls (or dental floss works great as well). If desired, you can cut into 24 rolls to achieve smaller, mini rolls.
6. Place the 12 rolls in a greased 9x13 baking dish. (If you cut the dough into 24 rolls place them in two oval or round baking dishes). Let rise for 1 hour. After 1 hour the rolls should have risen and should now be touching each other.
7. While rolls are rising, combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl for the icing.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes then drizzle icing. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate!