This gnocchi puttanesca has the classic puttanesca favorites like anchovies, capers, and olives, is tossed in a garlicky tomato sauce, and is so delicious with potato gnocchi.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/8-1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3-4 anchovies, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 16-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp parsley, plus additional for serving
- 1 pound gnocchi
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, sauteing until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper, sauteing until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the anchovies, capers, and olives, season with black pepper, and stir to combine. Add the tomato paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer until it begins to reduce, about 1-2 minutes. Add the tomatoes to the skillet by breaking them up with your hands. If needed, add some of the liquid from the can. Sauté over medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken. Stir in the parsley.
- Add the gnocchi to the water and cook until they float. Drain and add to the sauce, stirring until combined. Drizzle with olive oil, and top with additional parsley and crushed red pepper.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021