Goat Cheese and Brie Grilled Cheese with Honey and Strawberries
A grilled cheese with honey, filled with a goat cheese spread, brie, and fresh strawberries - the perfect summer sandwich!
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- pink peppercorns
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh, chopped
- 4 pieces sourdough bread
- 8 ounces brie, sliced, divided
- honeycomb or honey
- 1/2 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, olive oil, salt, pink peppercorns (or black pepper), and thyme. Divide and spread the goat cheese on to 2 of the sourdough pieces.
- Top each piece of sourdough with 2 ounces of brie each, spread on honeycomb or drizzle on honey, then top with sliced strawberries. Sprinkle strawberries with additional pink peppercorn or thyme if desired. Top each with 2 ounces brie.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add grilled cheeses, pressing down lightly, and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden. Flip and continue cooking until cheese is melted and bottom piece is golden. Serve immediately, with additional honeycomb or honey if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021