A classic hot chocolate with the fluffiest homemade marshmallows you'll ever have.
1. Combine the gelatin and the ¾ cup of cold water in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Using a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the sugar, corn syrup, and the ¼ cup of water. Stir periodically until sugar has reached 240 degrees.
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
4. Add gelatin to mixing bowl and whisk on low speed. Add the sugar mixture to the gelatin slowly and gradually. Whisk until mixture cools down and thickens, approximately 6-7 minutes.
5. Pour into 9x9 baking dish that is lined with greased plastic wrap. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let sit out for 6-8 hours or overnight at room temperature.
6. After, remove from baking dish and cut into 16 equal sized cubes (or smaller for mini marshmallows). Combine the corn starch and powdered sugar in a separate bowl.
7. Coat the cubes with the powdered sugar and corn starch to help avoid stickiness on the outside of the marshmallows.
8. Store leftover marshmallows in an air tight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.
1. Combine milk, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon in a saucepan on low heat. Stir to combine. Top with marshmallows and enjoy.