Marble Swirl Cupcakes
These Marble Swirl Cupcakes have the best of both worlds with swirls of chocolate and vanilla, and are topped with a classic chocolate vanilla buttercream.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup canola oil, additional
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp milk, additional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg whites and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add canola oil and vanilla extract to egg white mixture and continue to beat.
- Gradually add both the flour mixture and buttermilk to the batter.
- Next, split the batter in half and add cocoa powder and additional canola oil to one of the halves. After, place 8 jumbo paper cupcake liners in a jumbo cupcake tin. Start by adding the chocolate batter, filling about a 1/3 of each cupcake liner. Next, add the vanilla batter filling about another 1/3 of the cupcake liner. Then finish each cupcake liner off with the remaining chocolate and vanilla batter, adding both and swirling the batters together in each liner using a butter knife.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes. While cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting. Beat the butter until creamy and then add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Halve the frosting and add cocoa powder and additional milk to one of the halves.
- Next, place the vanilla frosting in a piping bag and the chocolate frosting in a separate piping bag. Cut the corner of each piping bag and place both piping bags in a separate piping bag with a frosting tip inserted. Ensure that the corner of both the vanilla and chocolate piping bags is inserted into the frosting tip, ensuring that both frostings come out of the frosting tip.
- Once the cupcakes are done baking, let cool and then frost each cupcake. Once frosted, enjoy!
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021