Chocolate cake with a fluffy, sweet, coconut filling! These mini chocolate coconut whoopie pies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Servings: 24 whoopie pies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini whoopie pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream and beat together butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract, and light cream. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Pour into greased mini whoopie pie pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
5. While baking, combine filling ingredients in a small sized mixing bowl.
6. Once done baking, let cool and then spread a dollop (around 1 tablespoon) of the filling on to half of the mini whoopie pie cakes (or halves). Then, top each with the half of the mini whoopie pie cakes remaining. Sprinkle with additional coconut if desired and enjoy!