Pickle Grilled Cheese
A simple, satisfying, fun pairing in this extra delicious pickle grilled cheese with fresh herbs, a bit of sriracha, and the essential ranch dip.
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp chives, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dill, fresh, finely chopped
- sriracha, to taste
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 4 pieces sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup fontina, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup cheddar, shredded, divided
- 8 sliced dill pickles
- 2 tbsp butter
- ranch, homemade or store-bought
- In a medium bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons softened butter, chives, dill, a squirt of sriracha, salt, and pepper, mixing until combined and creamy.
- Divide half of the herb butter between two of the slices of sourdough, evenly spreading it on each. Top one of the slices with 1/8 cup each of fontina and cheddar. Top with 4 slices of pickles, evenly spreading them out. Top pickles with another 1/8 cup each of fontina and cheddar. Repeat with remaining sandwich.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add grilled cheeses, pressing down lightly, and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden. Flip and continue cooking until cheese is melted and bottom piece is golden. Serve immediately, with additional fresh dill and ranch if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021