Pumpkin Spice Gelato
All of the flavors of your favorite pumpkin spice treat but make it frozen. This pumpkin spice gelato is the perfect fall recipe when you're in the mood for something cozy but it's not too cold yet where you could ever possibly pass up some gelato or ice cream.
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup light cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Heat milk, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves, and salt in a medium saucepan over low heat until warm, whisking occasionally.
- Whisk cream and egg yolks in separate bowl.
- In a steady stream, pour cream and egg into milk mixture, whisking consistently and constantly
- Continue to cook over low heat until thickened just enough to coat the back of a spoon or to approximately 150 degrees F, being careful not to boil.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into container to cool. When at room temperature, cover mixture with plastic wrap to prevent crust from forming.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Process in an ice cream machine according to manufacture's directions.
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021