What do you get when you mix a little bit of crumble topping, some shortbread, and a whole lot of peaches? A shortbread peach crisp that will seriously make you doubt how you've made it through peach season before without it!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat butter, flour, powdered sugar, and salt. This will combine to form the shortbread crust. Mold with your hands after beating to help the shortbread dough form.
4. Press shortbread dough into the bottom of greased baking dish until the bottom of the dish is evenly covered with dough. Refrigerate for approximately 5-10 minutes.
5. After refrigerating, bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
6. After baking, let shortbread cool. While shortbread is cooling, in a small bowl, combine sliced peaches, cornstarch, lemon juice, and sugar. Mix to combine.
7. After the filling is ready, begin to make the topping by placing the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor. Mix on low speed for approximately 10-15 seconds. Add cubed butter to food processor and pulse to combine. Remove topping mixture to a small bowl and use your hands if needed to ensure that all of the butter is crumbled and fully mixed into the mixture. Add oats and stir to combine.
8. Once both the filling and topping mixtures are ready, pour filling mixture on top of the shortbread layer in the baking dish, spreading it evenly. Top with desired amount of topping mixture.
9. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until top and edges begin to brown.
10. Let cool and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Chill Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes