Lemony, garlicky, zesty, winey, cheesy and...shrimpy? The perfect shrimp scampi pizza for your average weeknight when you're craving an Italian classic.
1. In a small bowl, combine warm (not hot) water, yeast and sugar. Place in a warm spot and allow the yeast to bloom, about 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the olive oil and yeast mixture and stir to combine. If you are using a mixer, use the dough hook attachment and knead the dough for 5-6 minutes, as it pulls away from the side of the bowl. If you are not using a mixer, you can also lightly flour your work surface and knead the dough by hand until smooth.
3. Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for approximately 1 hour.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a pizza pan or rectangular cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the polenta or cornmeal. Stretch the pizza dough into a round or rectangular shape and lay onto the prepared pan. Flatten with a rolling pin if needed.
3. In a medium pan, heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the chopped shallot and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for an additional minute until fragrant.
4. Add in the crushed red pepper if using. Stir to combine. Increase the heat to medium high and add the white wine. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and remaining tablespoon of butter until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Spread sauce over prepared pizza dough.
6. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella and the parmesan over the dough, then top with the shrimp. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella. Transfer pizza to oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until crust is golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and top with additional crushed red pepper. Sprinkle with lemon zest and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.