All the best parts of baked potatoes or potato skins but make them a little easier and a little fancier with these smashed cheddar and bacon potatoes.
Servings: 12 smashed potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large pot, add potatoes, cover with water, and add salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 25-30 minutes or until you can just stick a fork into the center. Drain and let cool completely.
3. Place each potato on a cutting board and gently flatten it with the base of the palm of your hand, being careful not to break it in half.
4. Spread out potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and melted butter. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes until bottoms are crisp and tops are golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle each potato with cheese. Bake for an additional 7-8 minutes until cheese is melted.
6. Meanwhile, cook bacon in the microwave or on the stove. Once crisp, coarsely chop.
7. Remove potatoes from oven, sprinkle with bacon and chopped chives, and serve immediately with sour cream or ranch.