Spicy Chicken Fajitas with Grilled Peppers
These spicy chicken fajitas have the most delicious seasoning with a kick, perfectly grilled Aurora Long Sweet Peppers, and can be topped with your favorite fajita fixings!
- 6 Aurora Long Sweet Peppers
- 1 pound of chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper
- Juice of ½ a lime, plus additional for serving
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Sour cream, avocado, cilantro, cheese, and salsa, for serving
- Grill the Aurora Long Sweet Peppers until they are evenly charred and slightly softened. Remove from grill and slice into long strips. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, add the chicken, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the spices, and the lime juice. Combine until the chicken is evenly coated in the spices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large cast iron pan or skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add the chicken (in 2 batches if needed) and sear until both sides are blackened and the chicken is cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan slightly if needed then add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sliced onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the peppers, and toss until combined and warmed through. Serve the fajita filling in tortillas with sour cream, avocado, cilantro, cheese, and salsa.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021