Sun Dried Tomato and Bacon Bagel Grilled Cheese
This bagel grilled cheese is a fun twist on the normal cheesy sandwich, complete with sliced mozzarella, parmesan, and a delicious sun dried tomato-bacon-basil trifecta.
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced, divided
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 everything bagels (or any other kind)
- 4 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 1/8 cup sun dried tomatoes, juliened
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine mayo and 1/8 cup thinly sliced basil. Season with salt and pepper, mixing to combine. Spread basil mayo on to the insides of both halves of each bagel.
- Flip 2 of the bagel halves over and top each with 2 ounces sliced mozzarella, 1 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of sliced basil, and 2 pieces bacon (broken in half if needed). Top each with 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan.
- Top with other bagel halves, placing the mayo side up.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bagels, pressing down lightly, and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden. Flip and cover with a large pan or pot. Continue cooking until the mozzarella is melted and bottom bagel halves are golden. Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021