This Tajin margarita is perfectly sweet and spicy, has both pineapple and mango flavors, and a little smokiness from some mezcal.
- Honey, for rimming glass
- Tajin, for rimming glass
- Chile pepper, sliced, for muddling (I use 2-3 small slices, use less or omit if concerned about spice)
- 1 ounce mezcal
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce pureed mango
- 1 ounce lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- Dried lime slice sprinkled with Tajin, for garnish, optional
- Add honey to a small plate and Tajin to another small plate. Dip rim of glass first in honey, then in Tajin. Set aside.
- Add chile pepper slices to cocktail shaker and muddle them with the back of a wooden spoon. Add ice to cocktail shaker, then the mezcal, tequila, Cointreau, simple syrup, pineapple juice, pureed mango, and lime juice.
- Shake for 20 seconds then strain into prepared glass filled with ice. Top with lime slice and additional Tajin if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes (1-2 if making simple syrup)
Total Time: 10 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021