Tater Tots with Beer Cheese
Nothing beats tater tots with beer cheese during football season! A classic tater tot with scallions sprinkled on top and a cheddar beer cheese on the side.
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp fine kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- canola oil or vegetable oil for frying
- scallions, chopped for topping
- 8 ounces cheddar, shredded
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup lager
- ½ cup whole milk
- Boil peeled potatoes for approximately 5-7 minutes. Once done boiling and cooled, grate the potatoes and combine with flour, salt, ground pepper, granulated onion, and granulated garlic in a medium sized mixing bowl, mixing to combine.
- Once combined, form potato mixture into approximately 1-inch size nuggets. Once all tater tots are formed, heat canola oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium high heat until hot, then add tater tots to fry.
- Fry each tater tot for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Once tater tots are done frying, prepare beer cheese. In a medium bowl, combine the shredded cheddar and flour. Heat butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Pour lager into saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Add milk and remove from heat. Stir in cheese in batches, stirring between each addition.
- Sprinkle tater tots with scallions, serve with beer cheese, and enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021