Thanksgiving Turkey Burger
All the best Thanksgiving flavors packed into a quick Thanksgiving turkey burger that will taste like one of the best holidays in every bite.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3-4 cups cranberries, fresh
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dried
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups bread, cut into very small cubes
- 20 ounces ground tukey
- 2 tbsp rosemary, fresh, plus additional for serving
- 2 tsp thyme, fresh
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2-1 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces brie
- 4 potato rolls
- Start by making the cranberry sauce. In a medium sauce pan, bring water and sugar to a boil over high heat. Add cranberries, bring to a boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add celery, carrot, and thyme, sautéing until softened slightly, 5-7 minutes. Add chicken broth, stir, and remove from heat. Stir in cubed bread and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Form ground turkey into 8 flat patties. Add 1/8 cup stuffing onto half of the patties, then top with the remaining patties, pinching the edges shut to enclose the stuffing.
- In a large skillet, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and heat over high heat. Add 2 of the prepared burgers, searing on one side until browned, 4-5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, approximately 4-5 more minutes. Remove to a plate to keep warm and repeat with remaining olive oil and burgers.
- Add butter to skillet, scraping up browned bits from the pan. Add flour and whisk to combine. Whisk in chicken broth until gravy is starting to thicken. Stir in brie until melted, adding additional chicken broth if needed. Keep warm.
- Spread cranberry sauce on the bottom of a potato roll and top with one of the prepared turkey burgers. Pour on gravy, then top with additional stuffing, fresh rosemary, and top bun. Repeat with remaining turkey burgers and enjoy!
COPYRIGHT © DOUBLETHESPOONFULS 2021