A white pizza with a creamy and cheesy sauce, 3-cheese sprinkle, and spinach and mushrooms on top! The perfect quick and easy, tasty weekend or even weeknight spinach and mushroom white pizza!
1. In a small bowl, combine warm (not hot) water, yeast, and sugar. Place in a warm spot and allow the yeast to bloom, about 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the olive oil and yeast mixture and stir to combine. If you are using a mixer, use the dough hook attachment and knead the dough for 5-6 minutes, as it pulls away from the side of the bowl. If you are not using a mixer, you can also lightly flour your work surface and knead the dough by hand until smooth.
3. Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for approximately 1 hour.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a pizza pan or baking sheet. Stretch the dough into a round (or oval) shape and lay on greased pan.
3. In a medium to large sized skillet, melt tablespoon of butter over low heat. Add milk, parmesan, garlic, flour, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until sauce begins to thicken and then remove from heat.
4. Spread desired amount of sauce onto pizza dough leaving about ½-1 inch of space around the edge of the dough for the crust.
5. In a medium sized skillet, heat tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and let brown for 1-2 minutes, stir, and continue sautéing for approximately 3-4 minutes.
6. After cooking and browning the mushrooms remove them from the skillet and set aside. Using the same pan, add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and spinach and sauté for approximately 5-6 minutes.
7. Sprinkle parmesan, fontina, and mozzarella on pizza over the sauce. Add sautéed mushrooms and spinach. If desired, sprinkle a small amount of additional cheese over mushrooms and spinach.
8. Transfer pizza to oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crust begins to brown.
9. Remove from oven and cut into 4 equal sized slices using a pizza cutter. Serve immediately. Enjoy!