Achieve the flavors of a delicious pecan pie with these brown sugar pecan pie cookies! I LOVE brown sugar and these cookies definitely are loaded with it. With the chopped pecans mixed in and milk chocolate and caramel drizzles, I promise you these cookies will become an immediate contender in your dessert rotation (everyone else has one of those too right??).
These cookies are ready in just an hour, and half of that time is for chilling the dough. If you can, try not to skip this step, I promise it'll all be worth it for your delicious cookie dough.
You can't have pecan pie cookies without a hefty serving of pecans! I chose to use glazed pecans but you can also use plain, salted, or candied. Whatever pecans that you're feeling will pair wonderfully with these cookies. Try to chop them up nice and fine when adding them to the dough, as the cookies are already small and mini so you want those pecan chunks mixed in to not be too big in size either.
While the cookies are still warm, top with the pecans and gently press them into the cookies so they set in nicely. Then go ahead and drizzle away! For these cookies I like to go heavy on the caramel drizzle and light on the chocolate, but go with whatever you're feeling- you can't go wrong either way!
Baking these cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes will give the outside a slight crunch but the inside will stay nice and soft. After your drizzle, sprinkle that sea salt on to finish the cookies off. Now grab a couple (or a handful), snuggle up with a blanket, and enjoy!
Just like a nice, warm pecan pie, but make it bite sized with these tasty pecan pie cookies!
Servings: 48 cookies
1. Beat butter, sugars, cinnamon, vanilla extract in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl.
3. Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating in between.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat to combine. Mix in chopped pecans.
5. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
6. While dough is chilling, begin making the caramel. Add granulated sugar to a heavy-bottomed pot on the stove and set over medium-high heat. Stir periodically.
7. Once all of the sugar has melted, turn off the heat and add the butter, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until melted. Add the heavy cream and salt and stir to combine.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
9. Once dough is done chilling, scoop the dough into tablespoon sized rounds. Roll each round in the palm of your hand to form into a ball. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
11. Let cool partially. While cookies are still soft, gently press in around 2 pecans on the top of each cookie.
12. Let cool completely and then drizzle caramel and melted chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!
Save any extra or remaining caramel to dip your cookies in or to drizzle on a cookie sundae!
We're so glad you’re here! Have a look around at some of our favorite recipes and stay a while.
Get a fresh delivery of only the goods delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Comment