It's officially football season, and whether you love football, or just love football food..., or maybe a little bit of both, it's time to pull out all the best fall gameday recipes. I think it's definitely important to have a little bit of everything stored up in your recipe arsenal. A couple cheesy classics like nachos, some starchy favorites like pretzels, and of course, some meats! Of course we need our fair share of wing recipes, like these Dry Rub Chimichurri Chicken Wings, but I also think having a good tender recipe is equally as important for the boneless-lovers in your life.
These are the perfect baked, speedy tenders that would be perfect for game day or any other fall easy dinner. Ready in just 30 minutes, they're the perfect use for some ritz crackers you may have in the pantry. And if you're like me, and you feel deeply connected to anything to do with spicy mayo, you will love this buffalo spicy mayo that is perfect for dunking.
We'll start by combining a little greek yogurt with some buffalo sauce for the perfect coating. Healthy and simple! Mix up your crushed ritz, a little cheddar, some fresh parsley, and a few spices, and you've go the perfect "breadcrumb" mix that is a matchmade in heaven for the buffalo flavor in the greek yogurt coating.
Right after lightly coating each tender in the greek yogurt buffalo mix, you'll gently dredge each tender through the ritz mixture. I find it helpful to dredge each piece through, then take a scoopful of the ritz mixture with your hand and lightly press it onto each tender to ensure it's evenly coated. The more ritz the merrier here! Lay the tenders on a cookie sheet and drizzle with a bit of olive oil to give the ritz a little crisp. Pop those in the oven and get excited for the cheesy, buttery, buffalo-y ritz-aroma that's about to fill your kitchen!
In the last minute of baking the chicken, turn the broiler on and pull up a chair to the oven window! Watch extra closely and take the chicken out once the ritz crumb is lightly golden. In my opinion, there's nothing better than a *tender* tender with a nice crispy crunch to it.
While a classic buffalo wing is no doubt delicious, the combination of buffalo sauce and ritz is something that I can't believe I haven't tried before. Hot sauce of any kind loves one thing the most, and that would be butter! So it makes sense that the buttery flavor of ritz works perfectly with the buffalo sauce. Each bite has the perfect balanced kick and what could be better than that.
Once you pop the tenders out of the oven, top them with lots of extra parsley and Maldon salt. Grab your buffalo mayo, and get ready for some of the best dunkers out there! These are great fork-and-knifers or pick-up-and-plungers so go about eating them whichever way your heart desires.
Whether you're in need of a new football favorite, or just a quick weeknight fall dinner, these baked buffalo ritz tenders are the super satisfying fun food we all need. Grab a cold drink and enjoy each crunchy, spicy, buttery, bite.
The crispiest, buttery, baked, buffalo ritz chicken tenders perfect for a weekend appetizer or a weeknight dinner, complete with a simple spicy mayo.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut chicken breasts into thin strips if not using tenders and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
3. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. In a medium sized bowl, combine greek yogurt and buffalo sauce. On a shallow plate, combine crushed ritz, cheddar cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Coat each tender lightly in yogurt mix, then dredge through ritz mixture, pressing lightly to adhere crumbs evenly to each tender.
4. Lay tenders on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
5. In the last minute of cooking, broil until crumbs are lightly golden. Remove from oven, serve with buffalo spicy mayo, and top with additional parsley and Maldon salt.
1. Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
We're so glad you’re here! Have a look around at some of our favorite recipes and stay a while.
Get a fresh delivery of only the goods delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Comment