I've always been a sucker for biscuits. As a kid, I would be the one at the table to order my dinner and then an order of biscuits on the side. This shocked no one as my love for bread has always outshined any other food group because let's be honest, who doesn't love carbs. So if you're anything like me when it comes to bread, this ones for you!
These biscuits are loaded up with cheddar and are so easy to make too- only taking 25 minutes all together. They're buttery, fluffy, cheesy (of course), and have that extra herby touch with the chives mixed in. They are one of my new go to's when making a special dinner that I want a yummy, carb-loaded side to go with.
Fresh chives add that extra something to these cheesy biscuits. They are 100% a necessary ingredient to these cheddar biscuits so make sure not to omit them. I personally love herbs and the pairing of the chives and cheddar for these biscuits is a match made in heaven. Add the buttery flavor to that and I'm not sure how anyone could resist.
These cheddar biscuits are more of your traditional "drop biscuit" as opposed to a layered biscuit. This makes them slightly smaller in size and even easier to grab and pop in your mouth! The insides are still super flakey and fluffy and this even makes them a little easier to whip up in a pinch as well.
When I tell you these are addicting I mean it... top with some additional chopped chives if desired and you're good to go! I personally would have these as a side to a warm, comfort food dinner, but they can also be the perfect snack to grab in a pinch too!
Calling all cheddar fans! These buttery cheddar and chive biscuits are loaded with your favorite cheese and are the easiest, yummiest snack or side to any meal.
Servings: 32 biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, paprika, and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
3. Cube the butter and add to flour mixture. Use your hands to gently mix in and flatten the cubes.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and combine with buttermilk and lemon juice. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined, being careful not to over stir.
5. Fold in cheddar and chives.
6. Scoop 1-1½ tablespoon sized rounds and drop on to greased parchment paper on baking sheet.
7. Brush each round with melted butter before baking.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool. Top with additional chopped chives and enjoy!
We're so glad you’re here! Have a look around at some of our favorite recipes and stay a while.
Get a fresh delivery of only the goods delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Comment