French Onion Soup on a cold winter night, yes please! Make it a cheesy dip and throw some everything seasoning on top and I'm sold. This dip will have you scooping for more with the perfect blend of cream cheese, mozzarella, and gruyere (a recipe with cheese and no parm or fontina from us? It had to happen eventually...)!
It's the dip that you didn't know you needed, but once you try it it will be one of your all time favorites! The caramelized onions and cheeses create the perfect blend, with the everything seasoning on top bringing it all together!
The key to separating this dip from a solid, classic cheese dip is the yummy caramelized onions. Make sure to cook them until they are lightly browned and soft. Cut them up nice and fine as well so the onions can be mixed in thoroughly throughout the dip.
I love some good old shredded mozzarella. Top with some extra mozzarella and then don't forget that everything seasoning on top too. It will give it that extra pop of flavor that will pair perfectly with any chips (dare I say bagel chips...) or crackers you got! If you're feeling wild, cut up a baguette, toast, and then dip away!
Cook until lightly browned and cheese is bubbling! So warm, cheesy, and gooey, you'll have enough to share but likely won't want to.
Your new favorite cheesy, seasoned french onion dip inspired by the classic, timeless, soup.
1. In a large skillet melt the butter and oil.
2. Add the onions and on low heat, sauté until very soft and lightly browned and caramelized, approximately 20-25 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Add thyme, brandy, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire.
5. Cook until liquid is almost completely reduced. Let cool and then place on cutting board and roughly chop.
6. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese, mozzarella, and gruyere together.
7. Add onions and mix until just combined and blended together.
8. Sprinkle additional shredded mozzarella and everything bagel seasoning on top.
9. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling. Let cool and enjoy!
We're so glad you’re here! Have a look around at some of our favorite recipes and stay a while.
Get a fresh delivery of only the goods delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Comment