To be honest I have always been an ice cream girl when it comes to having a sweet that will cool you off in the summer. But on the especially hot day, outside at the pool, there's nothing quite like a popsicle! They're so satisfying and the perfect summer treat to have, especially after a BBQ I might add.
These popsicles have the creaminess of a creamsicle with the zesty flavors of a key lime pie. They could not be easier to make and I think are a necessary staple to have in your freezer pretty much at all times during this summer.
It's as easy as whisking the ingredients together in a bowl! You'll start with combining together the vanilla greek yogurt, key lime juice, sugar, and salt together. Once combined you'll add in the lime zest and you'll be good to go to start scooping the mixture in to your popsicle molds.
If you prefer, you can use plain greek yogurt instead of vanilla but that same sweetness just won't be there. Using vanilla instead adds that extra layer of sweetness and of course flavor.
Once your ingredients are mixed together, you'll scoop the mixture into the popsicle molds and then before placing the popsicle mold top on, sprinkle just a thin layer of graham cracker crumbs on top of the soon to be popsicles. Then you'll be ready to freeze them. I suggest waiting at least 3 hours, and 4 if you can. Of course if overnight works better for you that is okay too.
Once you have made it through patiently waiting for them to freeze you'll be ready to enjoy! I find that running hot water over the molds helps to loosen the popsicles out. Then go ahead and sprinkle some more graham cracker crumbs on top and enjoy!
A summery treat that will cool you down while bringing all of the key lime pie flavors that we know and love into these key lime pie popsicles!
Servings: 8 popsicles
1. Whisk together yogurt, key lime juice, sugar, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add lime zest to mixture and whisk to combine.
3. Scoop yogurt mixture into popsicle molds, filling to the top. Sprinkle a thin layer of graham cracker crumbs on top and then place top of popsicle mold on top and then insert popsicle sticks.
4. Freeze for at least 3-4 hours.
5. After freezing, run the popsicle mold under hot water for a few seconds at a time until you are able to remove the popsicles from the mold. Sprinkle additional graham cracker crumbs on the tops of the popsicles and enjoy.
Store leftover or remaining popsicles in the freezer.
We're so glad you’re here! Have a look around at some of our favorite recipes and stay a while.
Get a fresh delivery of only the goods delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Comment