- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder). Stir in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together wet ingredients (eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, white vinegar, vegetable oil, melted butter, and food coloring). Slowly add wet ingredients to dry, whisking gently to combine, ensuring not to overmix. Cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees and add 6 jumbo cupcake liners to a jumbo muffin or cupcake pan. Spray the liners lightly with cooking spray.
- After an hour, divide the batter between the 6 cupcake liners, filling each about 3/4 of the way to the top. Divide the remaining 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips between the 6 muffins. Top each in an even layer, making sure not to put too many in the middle of each or they will sink.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, then without removing the muffins from the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 20-25 minutes until the centers rise and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to continue cooling for 10 additional minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
I don't recommend adding more than 1/2 cup white chocolate chips as they will make the cooked muffins very sticky and too sweet.
I recommend using an oven thermometer to ensure your oven's temperature is accurate. If the oven is too hot, the white chocolate chips will burn on top.
Leave a Comment