I think we can all agree that bruschetta is a summer staple. Usually I’m all for the classic with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, which is obviously delicious. Our mom is super creative though and has always made different types of bruschetta, which made us realize that the possibilities really are limitless!
Which is why a summer seafood bruschetta seemed like an absolute must. There’s nothing better than fresh seafood in the summer, and with some grilled bread underneath it you’ve truly got the best appetizer. We’ll start by cooking the clams which couldn’t be easier. Grab some dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio) and bring it to a boil in a large deep skillet. Add the rinsed off clams, cover the skillet, and let those little guys cook until they open.
Set those aside and it’s time to make the shrimp. We’ll grab a little olive oil and sauté some garlic and a pinch of crushed red pepper, because obviously both are a match made in heaven with the seafood. Toss the shrimp in, and cook on each side for about 2 minutes until they’re nice and pink. And that’s that! Set the shrimp aside with your clams and keep them nice and warm while you make the sauce.
The sauce is as easy as adding some white wine to scrape up the best bits from the bottom of the pan, then adding a little butter, some fresh lemon juice, and a hearty handful of chopped parsley. I usually don’t love parsley, but it is an absolute must with the seafood and pairs so well.
The last step is to grill up some slices of fresh bread. In my opinion, you gotta go with sourdough here as the flavor matched with the seafood and the buttery, lemony, sauce is well, heavenly. We’ll brush on a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper, and give each slice a quick grill. If you don’t have a grill, you can certainly just toast the pieces instead.
Now for the fun part! Layer the grilled bread on a plate, add on the shrimp, and top with the clams. Spoon the sauce over the bruschetta, ensuring that a little gets in each of the clams and in all the little nooks and crannies. You can also split this up into individual smaller plates, or keep it all on one and just let everyone grab a piece!
Grab some fresh lemon slices and squeeze on all the zesty juice. Top with extra chopped parsley, grab a refreshing drink, and close your eyes and pretend you’re at your favorite summer seafood spot.
A simple and summery shrimp and clam seafood bruschetta with grilled bread, fresh seafood, and a lemony kick that will make you feel like you’re at your favorite beachside restaurant.
1. Preheat grill.
2. Rinse clams well. Bring white wine to a boil in a large deep skillet. Add clams, reduce heat to medium high, and cover. Cook for approximately 5-8 minutes until clams open. Discard any that don’t and remove others to a bowl and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium skillet. Add garlic and sprinkle of crushed red pepper and saute for 1 minute until fragrant. Add shrimp, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side until pink. Remove to a plate to keep warm.
4. To the same skillet, add wine and increase heat to medium, scraping up bits from pan. Simmer for 3 minutes until reduced slightly. Add butter, squeeze of lemon juice, and parsley. Stir and keep warm.
5. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil with salt and pepper. Brush oil onto bread and grill slices until toasted on each side.
6. Top bread slices with shrimp and clams. Spoon sauce over bruschetta and top with additional lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and parsley.
We're so glad you’re here! Have a look around at some of our favorite recipes and stay a while.
Get a fresh delivery of only the goods delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Comment