Who doesn't love a gooey s'more in the summer, with a perfectly toasted marshmallow and melted chocolate all sandwiched between two graham crackers? Nothings better. This dump cake is exactly that but add some moist chocolate cake, a layer of chocolate pudding, and some marshmallow fluff in there too...
Dump cakes have always sounded amazing to me and this one certainly does not disappoint. It's sweet, rich, and oh so chocolatey. I also love how moist they are because let's be honest, there's nothing worse than a dry cake. This chocolatey cake will give you that glimpse to summer nights that we're all currently counting the days until. As if that's not enough, it's ready in just over 1 hour.
It is a s'mores cake after all so an extra large serving of marshmallows is absolutely critical. As always, mini marshmallows are the tastiest in my opinion and work perfectly for this recipe. These mini marshmallows will be the finishing touch before popping your cake into the oven. This way, they will be the top layer and have the opportunity to get beautifully golden and toasted (giving you the illusion of a marshmallow that you roasted over a fire, of course). There will also be a nice layer of marshmallow fluff in there too, so you're cake will definitely not be lacking in the marshmallow department.
The careful layering of each ingredient is key to this dump cake as well. After making your batter, you'll begin layering by pouring it all in. Then you will add some marshmallow fluff (my favorite part, personally) and smooth this over the batter. It may be a little tricky to spread so if you end up having some dollops of fluff atop your batter that is perfectly fine as well. Then you'll go ahead and add some of the chocolate pudding on top of the fluff (I know right, this just keeps getting better and better). Lastly, you'll finish the layers by sprinkling the crushed up graham cracker pieces on top and then adding your mini marshmallows too. I like to also keep some of the graham cracker pieces a little larger too, adding a nice crunch to your topping!
Cut into 9 equally sized squares and dive in! The perfect super chocolatey, late night, soon-to-be-summer dessert treat.
Chocolate cake, marshmallow fluff, chocolate pudding, graham crackers, and a whole lot of mini marshmallows on top! The loaded s'mores dump cake that will you gave that sneak peek to bonfire nights in the summer.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 8x8 baking dish.
2. For cake batter, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add milk, canola oil, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract to dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
3. Gradually add boiling water to mixture and stir to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk together to make the chocolate pudding.
5. Pour into greased baking dish. Scoop fluff and spread on top of batter. After, spread around 1 cup of the pudding on top of the fluff and spread evenly.
6. Break up graham cracker sheets and sprinkle on top of pudding layer and then top with mini marshmallows.
7. Bake for 50-60 mins. Let cool and enjoy preferably with ice cream!
Keep leftover pudding in the refrigerator. When serving, I like to add an extra dollop of pudding on top of or on the side of each piece of the dump cake I have too!
We're so glad you’re here! Have a look around at some of our favorite recipes and stay a while.
Get a fresh delivery of only the goods delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Comment