When your boyfriend loves wings you naturally try and perfect your wing game. Buffalo and barbecue are always a good go-to, with possibly a dry rub thrown into the mix. That being said, I am here to advise we can get a little more creative and it's sure to pay off!
The perfect sweet and spicy recipe for you. The sauce has orange marmalade to add some sweetness which is balanced by the addition of a small amount of chipotles in adobo. Or should I say small. Either way, proceed with caution with those bad boys! If you're particularly wild, you can always dip the finished wings in a little adobo sauce.
Start by making the wings. A key to this recipe is that the skin is crispy underneath the sauce. Crispy wings are necessary. At least half an hour before you plan on baking the wings, you'll want to take them out of the fridge, dry each one super well, and lay them out on your cookie sheet, and put that back in the fridge. You want the wings to be super dry before they go in the oven and this step helps achieve that. Plus, they'll get tossed in baking powder before going in the oven which is also key!
Once you get those in the oven you'll make the sauce. It looks like a lot of ingredients, but I promise it's super quick to throw together. There is no cooking required so everything is just mixed together in the largest bowl you can find. It's super easy to just toss the hot wings in the sauce right when they get out of the oven, so you'll want a large bowl so the wings have all the space they need to get a good mix.
Once the wings are super saucy, you'll want to put them back in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes which will get that orange marmalade nice and sticky. It also gives them a little bit of a char which in my opinion is delicious!
Peep the delicious char. Also peep the Maldon salt sprinkle. Maldon > Everything.
And there you have it! A simple wing recipe that is sure to impress the wing-lovers in your life. Perfect for game day, or in my boyfriend's opinion, any and every day.
Grab some ranch, (and a stack of napkins), and have at it!
The stickiest, sauciest orange wings that will wow the wing-lovers in your life.
1. Remove wings from fridge and pat very dry. Spray a baking sheet (or multiple if needed) with cooking spray, and arrange wings at least 1 inch apart. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and black pepper, and set back in fridge to dry out for at least half hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Remove wings from fridge and toss in baking powder. Bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on the size of your wings, until they reach a temperature of 165 degrees.
4. Meanwhile, combine all the sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Remove the wings from the oven, turn the broiler on high, and place the wings into the bowl with the sauce. Toss liberally to ensure wings are evenly coated. Place wings back on baking sheet and use a pastry brush if needed to coat wings with additional sauce.
6. Return the wings to the oven, and broil for 2-3 minutes until sauce is bubbling and wings begin to char sligthly. Watch closely so that they don't burn. Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and cilantro, and serve immediately with ranch or blue cheese.
We're so glad you’re here! Have a look around at some of our favorite recipes and stay a while.
Get a fresh delivery of only the goods delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Comment