- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 4 10-ounce tall ramekins with cooking spray and dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- Melt butter in microwavable bowl. Immediately add white chocolate, stirring until melted. It will look like it's not melting at first but eventually will.
- In a medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar, salt, and flour.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or a hand mixer, beat egg whites on high speed for 1 minute until frothy.
- Add flour mixture and egg whites to melted white chocolate, whisking until just combined.
- Ladle evenly into ramekins on a baking sheet, and bake for 12 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Remove from oven, let them sit for 1 minute, then carefully invert each on to plates. Let the ramekin sit for 10 seconds, then carefully remove it. If the cake is stuck, run a knife along the edge. Enjoy immediately as the cake will continue to cook and lose its molten center.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
I used white chocolate which contains cocoa butter. A lot of white chocolate "chips" don't, so I recommend looking for the bars of white chocolate instead of the chips.
I recommend using a scale to measure the powdered sugar and flour in grams due to the small quantities.